HERE IS PART 2 OF THE AXEL WIDOW'S PEAK TUTORIAL!
Link to part 1: [link]
9. So after you finish the widows peak, its time to sew it to the Punky wig.
10. Get the Punky wig and examine the inside wig cap. Do you see the thin satin ribbon sewn to the front of the wig cap? Thats where youll attach the 1 inch of netting.
11. Place the Punky wig on the wig head and overlap the satin ribbon on the empty 1 in of netting. Make sure the satin ribbon lines up to the border of ventilated hair. Pin the Punky wig to the wig head once its all lined up. Now, thread the sewing needle with the thread and start sewing the 1 inch netting onto the wig cap. Dont sew through the knit cap otherwise the knit cap will be sewn to the wig! You might need to use and additional piece of thread if you run out of the first piece. BE CAREFUL!
12. After the hairline is sewn to the Punky wig, comb back the hairline hair to blend it into the wig. Ta-dah! You now have a basic wig with a widows peak! If making an Axel wig, style it as usual. You can color the roots with the Prismacolor markers AFTER the spikes are styled. I find this easiest than coloring it first then spiking it because the hairspray causes the Prismacolor to run.
13. Its done! You can either simply wear the wig OR use some make-up prosthetic adhesive (such as Ben Nye brand, sold at quality costumes shops) to stick the 1/2 inch of netting on the bottom of the widows peak to your forehead. Ive worn my Axel wig with and without the prosthetic adhesive, and both way are cool. The adhesive can be removed with prosthetic adhesive remover (also Ben Nye brand, sold at quality costume shops). If using these make-up products, follow their printed instructions for application and removal.